Theme

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Cleaning With Vinegar - Part One

Vinegar.

Vinegar is by far one of the most versatile products out there. Cooking, cleaning, preserving, it does it all. In this post, I'd like to talk about it's amazingly convenient cleaning ability..

You'll hear me say a lot that I love to be clean, but I don't particularly love to clean. Vinegar helps in this aspect. Plus, when you're done and the vinegar smell dissipates  it will take any odors that were present along with it. How awesome does that sound for a lazy person like me? Um. Awesome. That's how it sounds. Absolutely awesome. And it's awesome that if I forget about it, nothing bad will happen. It's vinegar. That's it. As clean and organic as you can get. Vinegar. Y'all see where I'm going with this? ;)

Today, I decided to clean my kitchen sink. Although the sink is clean in most aspects of the word, we suffer pretty bad with hard water out here in Palm Springs, so we get hard water build up pretty easily. I haven't combated this issue in a while because I've been.... erm... busy? Yes. Let's go with that. So when I decided to clean it today, I thought it would be a great addition to the blog. So, you're welcome. =D

Here is my sink. Looks fairly clean.. However, because I don't always wipe the sink down after I use it... "Stuff" happens.. Not so pretty... "stuff"..


If you look at all the cracks and crevices, there is a lot of calcium build up. And hard water stains on the divider of the sink. I'm embarrassed to post these pictures, but I know I'm not the only one out there with this issue, and it's clean now, so I'm ok with it. Boom. =P



See, just ickyness. (Yes, it is also a word.)


In order to combat this issue, you only need three things... Vinegar, a bowl, and some paper towels. Step one, clear off your sink..


Ok, done. Next step it to pour some vinegar in the bowl.


Oh my gosh! We're so fast! After that, you need to rip strips of the paper towels, and dip them in the vinegar, and wrap them around the fixtures on your sink. If there are any drip spot issues, you will also want to take a folded piece of paper towel and place on there to break up all the icky. 


There! Now, we wait for a couple of hours and let the vinegar do its thang.. (teehee.)

DING! Time's up! Now, just take a Scotch pad, or something of the sort, and wipe away all the icky. And then wipe everything down with a cloth, and look at the shine! =D





 Ahhh. Much better. You're welcome. You're now able to sleep soundly at night knowing that your sink looks awesome. ;)

-Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment