Theme

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Having a Baby - My Experience (Part Two)

Photo Source
Postpartum Regression.

I should coin that term right now! Postpartum regression. That's what it was like after delivery. See, I was around a lot of kids growing up, and being around babies was not a big deal to me. I was comfortable with them, I could change one, and feed one.. Yadda yadda.. However, the second my son was born.. BOOM! Regression. Apparently, I couldn't even remember how to feed myself (yes, that's a true story...). They gave me this baby, and somehow, I was supposed to take care of him now.. I was responsible for another human being! (Side note: Did you know someone can go have a baby and they just let you leave when you're done? With the baby. Like, in your hands.. Yours.. Your car.. It's true. I'm not lying.)

I had to ask really stupid questions. Well, I guess they weren't stupid.... I had to know how to feed him and I had to know how to burp him.. Stupid in the sense that I knew how to do these things, once upon a time. But somehow, as if by magic, BOOM, regression. It could be the fact that I was still on some meds. Or, it could be the fact that my uterus wanted to do everything but contrct back down to a normal size.. Upon learning this, and trying everything that they could to shrink it back down, they decided to induce "labor".... Again. After squeezing my belly for a day, and pushing and prodding  they were going to REINDUCE my LABOR with the BABY already out of me. 

0.0 

OK..

I don't know anyone this has happened to, so let me explain (because this is my blog, and you're still reading..).

The nurses took PITOCIN, and put it back into my body. I had "contractions" and "labor" pain all over again, only this time, they didn't give me an epidural... Obviously.. But this was such a weird experience. I believe my husband was there.. I think.. Otherwise again I had no recollection of where my baby was.. I can't imagine they would do this to me without someone else there..... Would they??..... Moving on. After a couple of hours of "labor" pain with MY SON RIGHT NEXT TO ME, they stopped the pitocin, and let me get some rest. Thank goodness, my uterus finally started to contract!

Prior to this, we just kept waiting for the uterus to contract, mostly because I was.. let's say.. releasing.. Yes. Releasing blood clots.. Out of me.. And not just any blood clots, oh no.. These were the size of HUMAN LIVERS, to which when I saw the biggest one come out when I went to sit on the toilet, I screamed to my sister-in-law, "Go get a nurse! Something came out of me! Liver!". Not the highlight of my stay, let me tell you what..

After all is said and done, my uterus does what it's supposed to do, and I stop releasing blood clots. At this point.. The worst part was still being sick, as well as having an IV in my hand the LENGTH OF A POOL NOODLE and that hand being useless.. I will be there one more day, totaling up to four days in the hospital. Haw sad.. My son was cleared from the hospital before I was!!! Always in a hurry, that little one. =)




Much love,

Ashley




No comments:

Post a Comment