Theme

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Potty Training - Day 0.5

Photo Source
May the Pee Be Ever in Your Favor!

I bought my son a potty today, after him showing sighs of interest a few days ago. I let him pick it out (he picked the cheapest one, smart boy, lucky mommy!) and he was so excited about it the whole time we were in the store! And the second I got it home, he wanted it unboxed, and he wanted to be naked, like the child in the picture on the box - I don't know what I'm doing, so I was like... OK!

I have heard that naked is the way to go during the first few days... Well, generally speaking, my son HATES being naked - this is not the case for potty training, I guess! He's perfectly happy sitting on his potty! We got home around 6pm and his bathtime/bedtime routine starts at 8:30. At least it did today, I've been trying to make it earlier. Any whooooo.. We had him naked, and he pointed to the potty and said "poo. pee." and I said, "Yes! That's where the poopoo and the peepee goes! You're right!"

So... He sat down for a little while, and then got up, and said, "PEE!"

He had, in fact, pee'd in the potty!

=D

I was a very proud mama. So we took the peepee to the toilet, and he got to flush while I rinsed it out. At that point, I stuck him in his new underwear. (I didn't want him to be in them, until he had already pee'd, so I can track time.) And I went and got his dinner.

Well, he decided that he wanted to sit on the potty with his dinner at one point.. Thinking he just wanted to sit on it, I told him no, and to put his plate back on the table. From there, he came back to me, (no food this time) said "potty" and I asked him if he had to go. He told me yes, so I pulled his underwear down, and TADA! He went potty AGAIN!

This happened one more time before it was bathtime, and I am one happy mama. No accidents. He seems to already know exactly what he is doing. He's 2 years and 10 months old, so maybe he does in fact know what he's doing. I'm hoping a full day of potty training goes just as smoothly as these 2.5 hours went. If so, I will be so happy!

This is the potty he picked out: 

Photo Source
I got it at Target, and so far I just love it. And, it's soooo cute!


Until tomorrow....



Much Love,

Ashley






No comments:

Post a Comment