Theme

Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Learning Curve - You Have to Start Somewhere!


This is a beginning.

When I met my husband, I was 18 years old. We were both marching in a college marching band, and we didn't really start hanging out right away... We played the same instrument, (cutest thing ever, I know) but our paths didn't cross right away. The story goes, because I'm still not quite convinced that this every really took place, that one day after we had barely started talking at all really, my husband leaned over to his friend and pointed to me and stated, "She's the one." Now, if that ever really took place or not, I don't know. But I did hear it from a couple different people... But is that not the sweetest thing?! So, we're going to say it did. =)

Shortly after that time, we started dating.. Shortly after that, we got engaged. And as the pattern continues, shortly after that we moved in together. I was 19. I had never really done "chores", and I don't think that I had ever turned on the oven by myself before... And here I was, living with a man, and not even knowing how to cook or clean. I. Was. Terrified.

It was easy at first, because we ate out a lot. Which was great. Because the idea of even touching a stove sent shivers down my spine (an exaggeration - mostly). But I knew I would eventually have to cook. And clean. So it began. I because the Researching FiancĂ©. I went online to try and find easy recipes, which if you type '"easy recipes" into Google, and push enter, you can find a ton of recipes with the title "easy" in them. However.. Whose easy was this really? Not mine. Not at all. Dredge? What is that? How exactly am I supposed to trim the fat of this chicken? Tenderize? Huh?

And this was just the beginning. Deglazing. Reducing. Aerate. Lard? Yes. These were all terms that I had no idea what they meant, let alone how to accomplish them. Were there site that told me? Yes. Could I find them? Nope. Because I'm challenged, apparently.  And, I hope I'm not the only one. Otherwise I'd be making this blog for nothing. But in the off chance that my thought process is correct, then there are other people out there that have no idea what they are doing in the home (or are simply looking for new tips and tricks) or you're just looking for a specific topic, I hope I can help you.

This is my journey. This is my learning curve. This is what I've learned, things I've found, and tips I've created. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment