Theme

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Cleaning with Vinegar - Part Two

Photo Source


Vinegar.

As you know, it's one of my favorite things to clean with...

Don't get me wrong, the cabinet underneath my kitchen sink is completely filled to the bring with cleaning products - both organic and uber toxic... But I would rather clean with something I could in theory straight up lick and not be worried or get sick.

Vinegar is a great cleaning agent because it has such a high acidity level, which also happens to be why it's such a good tool to use to get rid of odors.

I also have a dog. And they are rather.... Unintelligent when it comes to licking.

And as you know, or even if you don't, I have a toddler... And my house has windows... And with a toddler, those windows get dirty, pretty fast, because those windows act like portals into the most exciting world they have ever known - the outside.

To use vinegar as a window cleaner, take an empty spray bottle and mix together 2 cups water, 1 cup vinegar, and 1 teaspoon dish soap. Mix it together, and use it as you would Windex.

Also, while you're by your windows, you can deter ants with just straight vinegar, by spraying it around your widow sills and door openings.

Hope this helps!! I know I always have an issue with using harsh cleaning agents unless I have to. ( bleach tabs in the toilet... Can't help it! Those rings are gross...)

-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment