Theme

Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Change is Coming.. (weight loss.. BLECK)

Losing weight.

Just the sound of it is awful... When I had my son, the night I went in to have him, I had at that point gained 87 pounds since before I was pregnant.. Yes. 87. That's like an entire 6th grader.. Since I have had my son, I've lost 63 pounds.. I haven't really done much to lose that weight, and honestly, I lost about 45 pounds within the first two weeks after having my son.. (water weight...)

When I got pregnant I was about 15 pound overweight... To get to where I want to be, at this point in time I need to lose 33 pounds. I'm 33 pounds from being perfectly content with my body. My doctors want to see me at that weight, and I would like to see myself at that weight... I know that being 155 at 5'4" doesn't seem like a healthy weight, but it really is. I look skinny at that weight.. But not unhealthy. So that is my goal. 33 lbs to go. Since our Valentine's Day was yesterday because of my husband's work, today is going to be the start of this new adventure.. And you're going to go on that journey with me.

From here on out, I am going to start adding random updates to my journey on here. I know you probably don't care about this journey.. But this is holding me accountable, and motivating me, in some strange way.. Ugh, I'm so awkward.

No sweets for me any more, and also no regular soda. Eventually, I will give up soda completely, but right now I need to take baby steps if I'm going to be at all successful.. I'm also going to start exercising again.. For the first time since pre-baby. We are going to see how this goes, but I feel really confident that I will be successful with this if I take it one step at a time. Also, I bought myself a new exercising outfit, and who doesn't love showing off a new outfit??? ;)

So there you out in cyber world go... 33 pounds.

Not only that, but I plan to lose this by Thanksgiving.

I'm determined. I want to feel good about myself again. It will happen, and I will prove myself to everyone, and myself.

I will update you in a week and we will see how it goes! =)

-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment