Theme

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Baby Products That I LOVE

Babies.

They are awfully small, awfully cute creatures.. But, no matter how small they are, babies come with A LOT of stuff... Some stuff isn't necessary, I realize.. But sometimes convenience is the goal and mess-prevention the finish line.. For me, I CANNOT handle being sticky. At all.. I know it's an inconvenience to most people, but I will literally cry, and I have, on several occasions from being sticky.. Some of the most recent bouts of stickiness stem from the fact that I do, indeed, have a child. A toddler, to be exact. They LOVE being sticky. Love it. They live for it. They crave it. (Maybe not, but that's what it seems.) I believe that my OCD for being sticky-free has rubbed off on my child.. He doesn't like to be sticky either, and also doesn't like food on his clothes, or stains, or hair... Etc. A child after my own heart. =]

I have found that if you're a severely OCD person, having a child may help to combat that issue and help you to overcome it. However, it may also drive you completely mad to a point where you just lock yourself in the bedroom because at that moment in time, it is the only room in your home that is clean..

I want to share with you some of my favorite products that I've found to be the most useful in the "sticky and icky war".

1) Playtex Twist 'N Click Products (Found Here)
       
Photo Source
Truly, the most leak-proof products as far as liquid goes.. And trust me, I've tried TONS of them.. Almost every product out there I've tried for my Quest Against Stickiness.. If you take care of the products, like hand washing everything by the cup part itself, they last a long time and keep working properly. I've successfully put all of their products into the dishwasher with no problem, but I don't think that they recommend it... And a plus is that they have every product for drinking - from sippies, all the way up to insulated toddler cups.

2) Playtex Twist 'N Click Snacker Cup (Found Here)
       
Photo Source

I know, I've already mentioned the Twist 'N Click line above... BUT these are amazing.. They have an airtight lid, and that's awesome because you can just screw on the lid and stick it in your bag. I was using the Munchkin brand of the snack cups.. But then my son decided that he needed to have the lid off ALL THE TIME. Messes ensued . Mommy cleaned.. A lot.. It wasn't pretty. Until I found these. And I STILL use them. They are amazing.. I love them..

3) BabyGanics Products (Found Here)

Photo Source
This company really knows what they are doing. Their products are completely organic, and baby/animal/plant friendly. If you don't have the time (or energy!) to make your own organic cleaners, this is a good alternative to that. They have a whole line of products from cleaning, to laundry, dish soap, hand sanitizer, even baby body wash. They all smell great, or you can get everything unscented, as well. And the best part? They work. No joke.

4) Disposable Changing Pads (Found Here)

Photo Source
These were awesome.. I used a changing table religiously.. So using these really cut down on the amount of times I needed to wash the changing table pad cover. These were also nice to take with you for your travel changing escapades, as well..

5) Diaper Genie - DUH! (Found Here)

Photo Source
This is a great idea. A great tool. Just.. Awesome. All the stink. All the diapers.. In one place.. And easy to use! (This was obviously going to be on the list..)

6) Pacifier Wipes (Found Here)

Photo Source
These things are a God sent. They are nice for when your newborn drops their pacifier and you're somewhere that is somewhat clean.. You can just wipe the germs away with these wipes. They have the cleaning power of baking soda, making it the perfect choice for your little ones. They also have apple flavored ones. =)

7) Baby Food Pouches (Found Here)

Photo Source
These things are awesome. I started feeding with spoons up until the time where  my son wanted to feed himself... Which he couldn't physically do yet.. And then meal time because the most messy thing ever. I lived in a very small apartment... Pretty much all carpet.. So I hated meal time... This helped to alleviate the problem... I would use these for his lunch time, right before his nap so that he wouldn't be all messy when he needed to go to sleep. At night and in the morning I still used a spoon because he'd get rice cereal in the morning, and then at night I could deal with the messy and just give him a bath right after. These are also great for going out during a meal time for baby, because they can just suck out the food that they want. It's an awesome concept, and you don't have to worry about a glass jar breaking in your bag. Genius. (Only get them on sale though..)

8) Munchkin Dishwasher Baskets (Found Here)
Photo Source
These are great little tools you can get for all the little things that need to be cleaned in your life... Pacifiers, nipples, bottle pieces, etc.. I even used these for the Dr. Browns bottles.

9) Munchkin Spoons (Found anywhere)

These were my favorite spoons. They also have soft ones that change color depending on the temperature of the food so you know it's not too hot for baby. These were my favorite because they were easy to clean and durable.

10) Cup Straps (Found Here)
Photo Source
These are great... For obvious reasons. And you can attach them to ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. You can put them on the stroller, high chair, even the shopping cart.

11) Munchkin Bottle Brush (Found Here)
Photo Source
I've tried many different bottle brushes to use for both my Dr. Brown's bottles and all of the sippy cups that I had.. This was the best choice and worked the best, while also not breaking the bank. Best choice, in my opinion.

This is my list for now. As I think of other fantastic products, I will be sure to do a second version of this list. Thanks for reading!!

Any questions or comments, please comment, and I will get back to you ASAP!

~ Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment